Job Description: Project Manager in Lafayette, LA
Title: Project Manager
Operation: On Trac, Inc. – LUS Fiber
Location: Lafayette, LA
Supervisor: Rick McDowell, Director of Operations
Status: Full Time
Available: May 23, 2022
Annual Wage: TBD – based on qualifications/experience
Benefits: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Company Vehicle, Health Insurance (50% Paid)
The Project Manager is primarily charged with fiber broadband field supervision of technical teams and management-specific duties related to running the overall On Trac operation contracting to Lafayette Utilities System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee daily work order flow including check-in
- Support and supervise staff and field technicians
- Maintain high level relationship with client
- Lead project in Quality Control inspections and technician training/corrections
- Troubleshoot field issues and problems
- Lead in technician hires, training, certification, evaluations, and terminations
- Lead in oversight of subcontract partners
- Oversee daily work order tracking and data entry
- Manage Fleet supervision tasks and equipment maintenance
- Provide asset management and reporting
- Manage customer complaint and damage resolution as needed
- Assist in varied reports and project research as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience, and/or abilities required.
- Demonstrate high level of personal integrity, character, honesty, reliability, initiative, and truthfulness
- Possess excellent interpersonal/relational skills and customer sensitivity
- Possess exceptional abilities in attention to detail, organizational skills, and people leadership
- Possess excellent verbal and writing skills
- Possess diplomacy and sensitivity in electronic communications
- Possess a valid, clean driver’s license
- Clean background check
- Demonstrate high level of technical abilities related to fiber optic installations (post-training)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum High School graduate and several years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs and tables.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
High proficiency in personal technology skills including email, text, web research, record keeping, database activity and data entry, general word processing, Microsoft excel, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be capable of physical activity performing daily activities of an administrative nature, as well as with the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms- including occasional climbing of ladders. The employee is frequently required to kneel, crouch, climb, and balance. The employee should possess manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally serves in a well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Primary environment is outdoors in various seasonal conditions.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com